1. Prepare spicy mayonnaise sauce.
2. Prepare 10 pieces of half shell New Zealand mussels -rinse them in running water, dry with paper towels for excessive water and separate their muscle from shell.
3. Preheat convection oven to 450 degree for one minute and place mussels in convection oven and bake for 5 minutes.
4. Takeout mussels and put spicy mayonnaise on mussels enough to cover skin.
5. Put them back in the convection oven for about 1 minute until spicy mayonnaise turns into golden brown color. Remove from oven.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions on top of cooked mussels and decorate with smelt eggs.
Spicy mayo sauce
•10 oz. Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise or heavy duty mayonnaise
•1 oz. sriracha(hot pepper sauce) sauce
•½ teaspoon paprika powder
In a bowl mix all ingredients above and stir and mix them thoroughly.